This 1.20 Gigabyte sized free patch packs an extraordinary amount of content including an all new Battle Generator, Map Editor, two new playable campaigns, new single player mission, new multiplayer maps, new multiplayer game modes, new Internet Game Browser, updated Line of Sight system and improved AI behavior and performance increases across the board. YES, this patch is massive, that’s why its the UBER patch. Grab it today and play Theatre of War like you have never played it before!
All Inclusive Uber Patch (v22.214.171.124)
We are thrilled to announce the release of the highly anticipated Theatre of War Uber Patch. This add-on/patch not only adds two new campaigns (total of 18 new battles) to the game, but also includes a full Map Editor, Battle Generator, a new single player mission, new Multiplayer game modes and features as well as 11 new Multiplayer missions and maps plus many game fixes, improvements and performance optimizations.
This Uber Patch will update your game to version 126.96.36.199. Please read below for important information about this patch. This patch is ONLY for the Battlefront.com release version of Theatre of War. It will not work with ANY other version!
(patches for local game versions will be released in the days/weeks)
Performance and Stability Note:
This patch includes various improvements to the game code to increase performance and stability for regular, hyper threading and multi-core CPU’s as well as vast improvements and welcome changes to the Multiplay functions.
License Helper Utility:
If you have had problems with the eLicense program locking up on you in the past when you have tried to enter your license code, please browse into your game folder and double-click on the file called “ToW_Helper.exe”, that should now allow the license system to function without freezing. You can also find a shortcut to this file located in the Start Menu under “Programs>Battlefront>Theatre of War>Utilities>License Helper Utility”.
Previous Patches Note:
This “All Inclusive Uber Patch” is indeed all inclusive (cumulative) and includes the same fixes and game content that was featured in all of the earlier released patches. This patch can be applied to ANY previous version of the game that was purchased DIRECTLY from Battlefront.com. It is not intended for the any other version of Theatre of War that is available (Russian language version, the version published by Kalypso Media etc…).
Old Save Games:
Due to the changes in this patch, older save games will not work. You will have to restart any in-progress campaigns/battles.
Windows Vista is not officially supported in Theatre of War, however the 32 bit version of Vista does seem to run the game. The 64 bit version of Vista however will NOT run the Mission-Campaign Editor nor will it run the Battle Generator program.
Patch version 188.8.131.52
List of changes
1. Map Editor with total capabilities of editing landscapes, roads, elevations, full object placement and more.
2. Mission-Campaign Editor (improved for multiplayer missions and can be used in tandem with the new Battle Generator).
3. Battle Generator (allows for easy creation of single and multiplayer missions with a minimum of effort).
4. New Internet Game Browser functionality available from within the game (shows all currently hosted games on the internet and allows you to join them).
1. Battle of Moscow Campaign – 10 missions (newly updated)
2. Battle of Normandy Panzer Lehr Campaign – 8 missions
1. New “Commando” single player mission
Multiplayer Gameplay Changes:
1. Countdown (time limited) missions added.
2. Attack/Defense missions added.
3. Added ability to play with both Human and AI controlled enemies.
4. Added ability to select different “alliances” in the attack and defense areas.
5. 11 Multiplayer missions added.
6. Troop selection system changed. Now you can choose different units from a list of up to 20 different pre-assigned “armies” (force pools) instead of only getting one set of unites per side for each nation.
7. 11 new Multiplayer maps added.
8. Automatic attack or defense behavior introduced for the AI forces (when using the Battle Generator to make new battles).
9. Now the player can play against several different AI’s in multiplayer mode.
10. Indicator of area selection introduced for a selected army.
11. Loading and execution of multiplayer missions stabilized.
12. Loading time reduced for multiplayer missions.
13. Improved functions of the “Smooth Unit movement” option on client PC’s during multiplayer games for less lag.
14. Other known errors fixed.
1. Line of Sight system upgraded: Line of sight is now affected in a more realistic fashion by objects such as small shrubs, tree trunks and leaves among many other elements.
2. Line of Sight tool implemented when giving “Attack”, “Assault” and “Area Fire” commands. Green line indicates a clear area with unobstructed line of sight where the flora does not hinder fire; a red line shows an area of good sight without serious (but some) blockage; while a black line indicates places your units can’t see at all.
3. Difficulty level system changed. At NOVICE level, the precision of enemy fire and damage inflicted by AI units were reduced slightly from previous levels. At the REGULAR level, your troops do not differ at all from the AI units and at VETERAN levels, the enemy units benefit from increased precision.
4. All missions were modified to account for the newer Line of Sight system.
5. An error related to the reloading of small arms fixed. Small arms can now be reloaded from all postures.
6. An error related to uncontrollable coaxial machine-gun after breakdown of main weapon fixed.
7. Non-destroyable coaxial machine-guns error fixed.
8. Guidance system considering movement of object changed.
9. Damage calculation system changed for impacts of rounds with base detonating fuses.
10. Secondary damage calculation system updated.
11. Errors related to game objects fixed.
12. Size of Daimler Mk I and animation of its crew changed.
13. Crew of Is-2 reduced to 4 men.
14. Calculation of commander cupola hits modified.
15. Some material of vehicles and other additional components changed from armor steel to metal.
16. Gunnery damage pattern corrected.
17. Damage pattern changed for armor shields and additional parts of the vehicles.
18. Infantry ammunition load errors fixed.
19. Model of the DShK mounted machine-gun amended.
20. Vehicle burning time increased.
21. Dependence between aiming accuracy and Gunner skill (for gunnery) and Accuracy (for small arms) changed.
22. Freezing animations errors fixed.
23. Errors related to losses of detachments and combat units when progressing through a campaign fixed.
24. Infantry behavior in trenches improved.
25. Air support behavior improved.
26. Aiming at various parts of vehicles or infantry by AI-controlled combat units added.
27. An error with Wz.34 armored car fixed.
28. The game sound system has been improved.
29. Movements of the vehicles and infantry in defense improved.
30. Units are visible according to their reference data.
31. Difficulty of several missions was adjusted.
32. Some minor AI bugs corrected.
33. Fire sectors for combat snow mobile NKL-26 and Polish Vickers tank were changed.
34. Streamlined organization of various document files and utilities via new multi-tiered “Theatre of War” Program Group entry.
35. Addition of new Battlefront.com Internet Browser Community Toolbar (installation optional, see below for more details on this new tool).
36. Many other corrections and improvements throughout the game.
Earlier fixes from previous patches also included:
- Map Editor Added (accessed via the builder.exe program or in the ToW Program Group shortcut “Map Builder”)
- A new 10 mission “Battle for Moscow 1941” Campaign Added. Accessed via the “Extra Campaigns” option in the Campaign List page
- Various fixes and changes to earlier campaign missions
- Improved logging functions to help with determining the causes of certain crashes
- Hot keys for Unit Formations, Movement Modes, Hold Fire and Hold Position commands added
- Better handling of the Reverse Command for vehicles, tanks, SPG’s, armored cars and Artillery units
- Various AI behavior changes to units implemented
- Expanded sound system (hear sounds further away and louder in some cases)
- Improved sounds
- Waypoints added for units (hold ‘shift’ key when issuing movement orders to place waypoints)
- Units no longer stop when they receive a new order
- LOS tweaks – The visibility conditions through forest were changed
- AI Targeting behavior tweaked so that they can better fire on Hull Down targets
- Game speed acceleration/deceleration feature added (accessed via the “Change time speed” hotkey currently)
- Fixed bug with the units boarding certain vehicles
- Some Multiplayer load bugs during client loading were fixed (more fixes will be coming in future patches)
- Fixed AT Guns not being able to have commands issued in some situations
- Fixed Load Game/Save Game errors
- Towsetup ‘Autodetect’ functions improved
- Mission Editor “wrong application version error” bug fixed
- Improvements to the gun towing process implemented
- Units now better at holding position when they are in defensive positions
- Various Mission Editor errors corrected
- New “License Helper” utility (called ToW_Helper.exe) added to help those that had issues with the eLicense program freezing or locking up in the past (see note below)
- New manual “Unlicense” short cut added to game program group (to unlicense game without uninstalling)
- Extensive improvements to Performance and Stability
Battlefront.com Internet Browser Community Toolbar:
This new game patch includes the optional install of a new, and we think, exciting tool. This tool seamlessly attaches to your internet browser (currently Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox supported) and gives you instant access to Battlefront.com game news, patches, demos, chat channel as well as other popular browser toolbar *gadgets* such as realtime weather reports (unique to your hometown!), a spell checker and pop-up blocker. Fully user configurable and expandable, your new Battlefront.com Community toolbar unlocks the full potential of your internet browser to keep you connected with the ever-growing world of Battlefront.com games and resources! You can find more details on this new free utility here: http://www.battlefront-store.com:8080//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=388&Itemid=212
- Gamershell: http://www.gamershell.com/download_22964.shtml
- FileFront: http://files.filefront.com/Theatre+of+War+All+Inclusive+Uber+Patch+v110081/;9527311;/fileinfo.html
- Worthplaying: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=49234
- Gameupdates.org (bittorrent): http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=2170
* Fangaming: http://www.fangaming.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=2954
New Web Destination Provides Single Sign-on Access and a Unified Currency for All K2 Network’s Free2Play Games with Much More to Come in 2008
K2 Network, Inc. (www.k2network.net), an online game publisher, today announced its new website: GamersFirst.com. The website promises to launch features across 2008, with the first set of features released today. Now, with one GamersFirst (G1) account, gamers gain access to all of K2 Network’s upcoming and current products in one place and can buy G1 Credits (site currency) in order to make purchases across multiple titles.
At GamersFirst.com, gamers can download games and learn about all of K2 Network’s titles, including Global MU Online, Knight Online, Red Stone, Sword of the New World and War Rock. Current features of GamersFirst.com include unified login and registration, consolidated account management and the new G1 Credits. With those features, users can create and manage as many K2 Network game accounts as they want under a single G1 account. Gamers can also visit “Free2Play News” which offers wallpapers, articles, screenshots and videos and the “What is G1?” and “What’s Next?” sections have information about the site’s ambitious plans.
“As our user base has grown to more than 16 million worldwide, we decided to create a single convenient destination where gamers could access everything K2 Network has to offer,” said Joshua Hong, CEO and co-founder of K2 Network. “With all the exciting features we have planned for 2008, gamers around the world will soon have an awesome place to come together. It is going to be one big GamersFirst family!”
To celebrate the site’s introduction, GamersFirst is running “G1 Giveaways”– 12 weeks of giveaways via a raffle. Prizes include: Alienware Desktop PC’s, Apple Ipod Touch, Creative Labs Aurvana Headphones, Samsung 19″ LCD Monitors and more — with a total of 61 valuable prizes. Gamers enter the giveaways by registering an account, referring friends, playing a flash game and by other means.
Existing users will find no changes to their accounts but are advised to sign-up and move their accounts over to GamersFirst.com within 12 weeks to take advantage of the G1 Giveaways.
For more information and to experience the new site, visit GamersFirst.com.
Codemasters Online set to release NetDevil’s all-new space based MMORPG Jumpgate Evolution for North America / Europe
Codemasters Online have today unveiled their next generation MMORPG set for release in 2008, Jumpgate. Developed by the US-based experienced MMOG developer NetDevil, Jumpgate is a space-based MMO incorporating all-new action style gameplay like never seen before in any previous online game.
‘We are very pleased to be working with NetDevil to release this exciting project across North America & Europe. Jumpgate brings something new and fresh to the online persistent space,” commented David Solari, Vice President, Codemasters Online. “The all-action approach and thrilling, twitch-based space combat really sets it apart from other MMOs in the market and we are very much looking forward to releasing this space epic in late 2008.”
Jumpgate is the definitive space combat MMO allowing players to choose from one of three playable nations and engage in an intense action-packed universe. Embarking on an immersive and accessible space adventure players can trade valuable commodities, take part in dangerous outer-space raids, meet and play with friends and live out the dream to become an elite hero or infamous space pirate. The game features both a rich and varied universe to explore and has been designed for experienced and novice MMO players alike.
“We’re really excited about this relationship. Codemasters has already established themselves as a premium game developer and publisher; as well as one of the most successful MMO operators in the business. Very few companies have those kinds of credentials.” commented Scott Brown, President of NetDevil. “This combination of experience and dedication is a perfect fit for NetDevil and we are thrilled to be working with such a great partner.”
Codemasters Online have confirmed that they will be the exclusive publisher / operator of this next generation MMO across Europe and will be working along with NetDevil to bring the game to the North American market.
For more information on Jumpgate visit www.jumpgateevolution.com
Unparalleled Skill-Tracking Tools and Leaderboards Now Available for Battlefield 2, Lost Planet, and More
GameStrata, the premier developer of community tools for gamers, today announced the launch of gamestrata.com, a new online community and ranking system for gamers. In cooperation with publishers of popular online games, including EA’s Battlefield 2, Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Sega’s Universe at War, Activision’s Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, and Sega’s upcoming title, The Club, GameStrata provides players with the most comprehensive data and statistics available on their own gameplay, allowing gamers to prove once and for all how they stack up against the best players in the world.
“Whether you are playing a simple, casual game or a really immersive first person shooter, everyone wants to know where they rank,” said Lance Smith, CEO of GameStrata. “You may be surprised to see your stats, but you will likely be even more surprised to see how you stack up against your friends!”
GameStrata members can use the site’s broad array of game-tracking tools to analyze their own skills, and share their stats with friends and competitors. More than just keeping score, the extensive data analyses of GameStrata track every aspect of the game, providing statistics for accuracy, a user’s favorite weapon, kills scored on specific classes, and more. Users can proudly display their rankings in an overall profile, listed on a public “MyStrata” page for all to see. Gamers can also add select stats and achievements on other social networks, throwing down the gauntlet to their fellow gamers and friends on sites such as Facebook.
Members will be able to bring their entire guild or clan on board, building a clan site within GameStrata for any or all of their games, arranging new matches with rival groups, and keeping track of their friends’ latest accomplishments with a daily clan news feed. In addition, GameStrata will integrate users’ profiles with their achievements in existing third-party award systems, including Xbox Live Achievements. Allowing gamers to come together with rich community features, forums, user-provided game tips and advice, GameStrata’s unique offerings will enhance the game experience for several top-tier online titles.
Gamers can sign up now or request an invite to join and find out where they stand at www.gamestrata.com.
Deal between cdv USA and Ascaron represents key first step toward console publishing
cdv Software Entertainment USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly-traded cdv Software Entertainment AG, today announced an agreement to publish ASCARON Entertainment’s highly anticipated Sacred 2: Fallen Angel in the United States, Canada and Mexico. The title is slated to launch on PC and Microsoft Xbox 360™ in the second half of 2008, timed to meet consumer demand during the 2008 holiday season.
Based on the remarkable success of the predecessor, Sacred, of which more than 1.8 million units were sold world-wide, it is expected that the sequel will achieve 2008 sales revenues in excess of 10 million €.
“With the exceptional Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, our North American subsidiary has secured one of the top titles for 2008. We are delighted to take a major step forward with a game that has such AAA market potential,” said cdv Software Entertainment AG’s CEO, Christian Gloe. “It illustrates that cdv can successfully deliver among the best titles in the industry, significantly growing the organization’s global revenue potential.”
“We are thrilled to expand our relationship with Ascaron — having proven our marketing, PR and sales know-how on prior titles with them — and we see this as a crucial step toward realizing our vision of emerging as a leader in the console gaming market,” stated cdv Software Entertainment USA’s CEO, Tom Gross.
“We’ve found our ideal partner in cdv Software Entertainment USA,” remarked Heiko tom Felde, Head of Operations at Ascaron Entertainment GmbH. “Based on our past successful cooperation we are delighted to launch the highly desirable Sacred 2 – Fallen Angel with cdv as our key partner in North America.”
About Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an Action RPG with a rich story that takes place in a giant, open-ended and seamless world. This world contains hundreds of dungeons, treacherous opponents and a variety of challenging quests. Intelligent enemies, steadily adapting in number and difficulty based on player progress, challenge in heroic single- and multiplayer battles.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel provides numerous unique items that can be gathered in this mystical world. A deep reward system further enables advancements in character, individual attributes and character-specific fighting styles, each designed to keep players returning to the world of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel to discover what is around the next bend. Drop-in styled cooperative multiplayer gameplay ensures players will enjoy the game alone or seamlessly with friends at any time. Five unique multiplayer modes round out the experience and offer a refreshing, first-class gaming experience in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
Key Features include:
• A huge, seamless and dynamic world that allows for free-form exploration
• Two campaigns: play as the “Light” or “Shadow” side, complete with distinct skills, rewards and story-elements tailored to the chosen path
• Six exceptional, playable characters, each with a distinct look, capabilities and in-game motivation
• Modifiable combat arts: change and upgrade your alter ego’s combat skills as you make choices throughout the game
• Fight effectively from the back of a number of mounts under your control
• Deities offer unique combat disciplines to players
• The ultimate multiplayer experience – seamless transition between single- and multiplayer gaming modes
• Captivating online modes of play challenge gamers in cooperative and PvP play
• Extraordinary, cutting-edge graphics utilize the latest technologies
Ultimate Gaming Notebooks: Nvidia SLI And Dual GeForce 8800M GTX Graphics Perfect The Gamers Road Game
· NVIDIA has enabled the ultimate gaming notebooks with the most powerful graphics processing solution available for notebook PCs—a combination of NVIDIA SLITM technology and two NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs.
· GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs, the world’s highest performance notebook graphics processors, are designed to deliver the best visual experience for 3D games, HD movies, and GPU-accelerated applications.
· NVIDIA SLI technology allows two GPUs to work in tandem in a single notebook (or desktop PC), effectively doubling the available graphics processing capability.
· The new elite class of gaming notebooks powered by NVIDIA SLI and two GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs offer gamers an extreme gaming experience with stunning special effects and highdefinition visuals for the hottest PC games including: Crysis, Hellgate: London, Gears of War,Unreal Tournament 3, and Call of Duty 4, along with full support for current DirectX 9 games.
· GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs feature the second-generation PureVideo® HD engine which delivers astounding Blu-ray and HD DVD movie picture quality on a PC. The PureVideo HD engine takes on 100% of H.264 video decoding, freeing the CPU to perform other tasks, reducing power consumption and extending battery life.
· Notebooks with NVIDIA SLI technology and GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs will soon be available from leading notebook manufacturers in North America and Europe including Alienware, Dell, Sager, Eurocom, MALIBAL, Cybersystem, Multirama, Nexoc, and Rock. For more information on NVIDIA SLI and GeForce powered notebooks, please visit http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_sli_notebooks.html
Although online backgammon is relatively new, thousands of players are playing every day for fun or real money. But that’s not why we are here for.
BGprime.com is here to help you gain an advantage when playing online backgammon. You see, while novice players can win, there is more than luck into the game. We will teach you the online backgammon rules and techniques that will help you gain an advantage over those players and who knows.. Maybe you’ll even make a buck or two.
You will also find here a series of guides that were specifically written for online backgammon players that play for real money, Since we all know there is much more to know than the online backgammon rules and we sure do know that it can be profitable!
The biggest update ever for Gladiator Trials II (http://www.gladiatortrials2.com) has just been released. The graphics have been enhanced, the resolution increased and the entire game’s interface has undergone a complete overhaul.
Tagged Software, an Independent game developer located in Australia, announce the release of version 1.2 for the windows version of their first game Gladiators Trials II, a game that rolls together turn-based, real-time strategy and sim elements.
The new version increases the game’s resolution, and enhancing many of the graphics in the process. The game’s interface has undergone a complete redesign to create a much more friendly and easier style of play. The gameplay has also been changed to produce a game that plays faster and down plays the micromanagement while providing a more action orientated game.
Gladiator Trials II requires you to build up your camp while trying to train you gladiators and keep them happy at the same time. Peasants are required to produce food and water to ensure they never go hungry and to forge new weapons and armor to gain the edge in combat. Train Gladiator’s with brute Strength in the Training yard, build an Archery to train their Dexterity or test their mental with libraries so they can unleash a fury of spells at their unsuspecting opponents.
Send your Gladiators into the Arena to claim victory and earn gold to keep your Peasants and Gladiators from running away. Missing a payday is not an option! The Arena isn’t all there is in these troubled times, take on quests and adventures such as clearing a path through an enchanted forest, or protect a small villager’s crop from Earth Elementals. Lead your men to the Arena finals while trying to discover what or who is behind such dark deeds.
Gladiator Trials II is available now for Windows PC, and as a universal binary for Mac OSX.
Mac OSX: http://www.gladiatortrials2.com/files/gt2_demo.dmg
Dejobaan Games, LLC has released its 12th title, The Wonderful End of the World, for Windows desktop PCs.
You can’t save the whole world. It’s going to be eaten by a mythological demon with the head of a fish. But as a puppet that absorbs all it touches, you can try to rescue as much of Earth’s greatness as you can before the end arrives. The Wonderful End of the World is a new game for Windows PC available for $19.95 at www.dejobaan.com/wonderful.
In the beginning, you roam the Earth, capable of absorbing only the tiniest of objects. A glass marble you collect becomes your head, and a pair of jellybeans becomes your hands. Small creatures overwhelm you, with rats kicking you around and golden retrievers threatening to stomp you to pieces. But with every object you collect, your puppet self grows larger. Eventually, you’ll become a towering behemoth with fire engines for arms and the ability to absorb entire buildings.
The Wonderful End of the World takes you through 12 unique locations, with over a thousand treasures to gather before the end comes. Steal some sweets from the candy store, where gummi fish swim in a blueberry river; visit a surrealist library to find that the words have literally leapt out of their books; and explore the Megalopolis, where you’ll watch a lively end-of-the-world parade and then gobble it up before making your way to grab the tallest skyscraper ever built.
Availability and system requirements: The Wonderful End of the World is available as a demo and for purchase online at www.dejobaan.com/wonderful. The game requires Windows 2K, XP or Vista; a 1.5GHz processor; 1GB system memory; a 3D card with 128MB video memory; and Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or higher.
Sci-Fi Lasers And Medieval Swords Clash In Thrilling Action And Adventure
Ascaron Announces UK Release Of ‘Hard To Be A God’
Hard To Be A God, the new role play game from Ascaron to be released in April, uniquely combines the science fiction and medieval fantasy genres with a mix of ‘hack & slash’ and RPG gameplay. Be prepared for horseback jousting and sword fighting in an ancient time, as a secret agent from the distant future.
How it all began…
The planets of Earth and Arkanar were once very similar, maintaining a peaceful and friendly existence for centuries. After a terrible war between the planets, the two became distant and secluded.
Earth prospered and grew, mastering advanced technologies. Arkanar became stagnated, barely evolving, remaining rooted in a medieval society; a planet of mystery. Intrigued by the situation of their former patriots the Empire decided to send in a secret agent from Earth…
Hard To Be A God
You are the secret agent; at your disposal is a vast array of weaponry and knowledge, from the medieval sword to the most technologically advanced laser cannon. Use your weapons wisely as you discover the secrets surrounding the mysterious planet of Arkanar, revealing why it has remained a medieval society for so long.
Try your luck at survival by visiting www.hardtobeagod.com to download the demo.
Publisher: Ascaron Entertainment / Nobilis
Web: www.Ascaron.com / www.hardtobeagod.com
Release date: April 2008
Genre: RPG/Hack & Slash